Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still snowing

...so college was cancelled yet again. No idea how they're going to get the timetable caught up in time for the exams. Hey ho.

Parents arrived from Oz in flurries of snow and a taxi that got stuck trying to turn round and had to be dug out/ pushed by friendly passing strangers. And yet I still managed to resist eating cake to keep them company.

However, in town this afternoon arranging a complicated car-and-keys meet-up with David so I could collect Son and Heir from school I succumbed to the M&S mint choc truffle bar. 200 gratuitous calories BUT I only ate half of it and gave the rest to David in exchange for the car keys. Yay for me. Large dinner of casserole and dessert, but D maintains that the day's consumption still added up to 2000, largely because I'm not eating much in the way of calories at breakfast/lunch (though I am sticking to the manifesto and actually having meals, at regular times, just not very calorific ones).

Tomorrow am I weigh in. I suspect that, despite all this virtue, no actual progress has been made. However, if I can keep on not snacking all the time, I guess it will have to have an effect sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment