Friday, January 8, 2010

Smugness Abounds

Today I seem to have eaten -- ta da -- 2082 calories:

Breakfast - 2 pieces of toast and Bovril
Lunch - 60g spaghetti with 10g butter and black pepper
Snack - 30g Goldfish (140 calories - but a surprisingly large number of 'Fish)
Dinner - a baked potato with the same casserole as yesterday.

As my sources inform me this was 1700 cals, I then enjoyed THREE slices of Genoa cake (100g= 300 calories or thereabouts). Yay, cakey goodness. (Actually, it wasn't a very nice cake, but it was what the Happy Shopper over the park had available when the boys went out foraging for supplies on Wednesday. I can see cake taste testing is going to be a vital element of this exercise...)

I didn't mean to eat so little and was pretty hungry this afternoon, but I lost the will to work out how many calories were in spaghetti so I just didn't eat until the man with the calculator came home. In future I will try to eat more lunch (isn't that a manifesto thingy?) and also a better breakfast - but again, that depends on the weather clearing up.

Still two feet of snow over everything, no snowploughs in evidence and subzero temperatures keeping it all icy. Tomorrow we venture out to rescue our cats from the cattery and to the supermarket. Turns out OEM does not drive in snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment