Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great Expectations (Not)

First of all, the problem with this dieting thing is that you think about food all the time. It may be even worse than when you aren't dieting.

I feel like I've failed on just about every front this week. Unlike the exceedingly virtuous OEM, I have definitely fallen foul of treat foods, going out to eat, coffee shops, and so forth, to the undoubted detriment of my waistline. I am expecting that tomorrow morning's weigh-in will result in more pounds, not fewer.

But are we down-hearted?

Well, yes actually.

1 comment:

  1. Noooooo! No downheartedness. That's only allowed if, having been virtuous you still gain pounds. This is a period of adjustment. We CAN do this.

    (Don't think I will be doing well this week - parental houseguests.)

    Remember - no deprivation!

    ReplyDelete