Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Beginnings

Today's weigh-in - 17.08. So that's 2lb back down on last week. I have a feeling there is just a natural 2lb variation in my weight week on week! However, I shall view this in a positive light and continue to monitor the grub and nosh (as Notsosmall Boy has taken to terming it. I think he's spent too long with the Beano Annual).


Yesterday was a College day, with three classes. It was very long. After last week's effort with a modest bowl of soup but two Crunchies, I thought I'd try the opposite tack and had a baked potato with some beef stew (mainly gravy, I fear - College canteens are much as they ever were). This filled me up satisfactorily and I only had one bar of chocolately goodness to sustain me through an afternoon of the Sale of Goods Act and How to Dismiss a Director.


Useful fact - a Bounty has only 137 calories as opposed to the 180 in a Crunchie. And you get to enjoy the coconut for the rest of the day as you pick it out of your teeth.


We then had a low cal supper of Catalan Chicken with Rice and Corn (it doesn't sound low cal, but actually nearly all the cals were in the rice - this is a Bigham's Ready to Cook meal and only has about 480 calories altogether and two of us ate it - see

No comments:

Post a Comment