Saturday, January 9, 2010

No cake today!

I think this counts as a major achievement. I'm going to say it again, I'm so surprised. NO CAKE. In fact, no treats of any kind, apart from a nonfat, decaf latte as fetched from Starbucks by Hubby this afternoon.

Breakfast: weetabix and milk
Lunch: pasta with chicken and red peppers in cream (I ate only half the pasta that Hubby put out for me).
Dinner: well, ok, we did go to the California Pizza Kitchen... But I elected to have chicken salad sandwich on herb focaccia bread, which was 995 calories, instead of a pizza which is more like 1200. So I felt very thin doing that. Had a small cup of pea soup on the side. Vegetables! How virtuous.

I had a continuation of yesterday's headache today, and retired to bed for three hours in the late morning. Feeling better now.

2 comments:

  1. Is the headache from cake-withdrawal or excess of jack-hammering? Either way, feel better soon and well done on the abstinence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be a bit of both, but I think the headache is mostly jack-hammering induced. I also spent a couple of hours in bed on Friday afternoon with headache. It's very draining being surrounded as we are.

    ReplyDelete