Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh Virtuous Day

I've got to post smugly about my day.
  • First of all, it is a No Cake Day. It was, admittedly, a two coffee day, but the first one was forced on me by the car wash taking over an hour to clean my car; which was pretty amazing given that the car is only two weeks old, so isn't even that dirty!
  • Secondly, I had A Small Lunch - well, it involved a bagel, which I know has about a million calories in it, but it was Not Large. And lunch also involved a very nasty lemon flavored diet yoghurt (Light 'N' Fit Lemon Chiffon Yoghurt by Dannon), which I had really purchased for Deep Thought to consume with a school lunch, but she has been saved from that particular experience. (Also one I shall never repeat. Imagine eating toilet cleaner.)
  • Third, and this is the really virtuous pinnacle of the day, I did my favorite six mile walk along the Bay Lands this afternoon. It's very flat but a long way and quite scenic. I can definitely feel it in my legs. I reckon I am doing a mile in 16 minutes, which doesn't seem too bad to me.
Well done, OEM, for striding out round the park with the Sprinting Son. May he be an inspiration to you! Perhaps it will turn out that this is a genetic thing, and soon the whole family will be out on 10K runs.

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention that David has signed up for the London 10k again? Supportive Wife and Son will be cheering him on on 11 July - he wants to do it in under 50 minutes. (DO NOT compare this with your walking time; I have actively avoided doing so, not least because it involves a Complicated Sum to convert Ks into miles.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for David. Now what we need is Son and Wife on bikes, riding alongside, like you were training a boxer. What a picture.

    ReplyDelete