Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh bother I pressed post too soon

I was trying to say, see www.bighams.com/our-food/everyday/catalan-chicken .

Today involved eating lunch at Wagamammas with David to celebrate the arrival of the new Washing Machine (heavenly chorus sings "aaahhh"). I think it will be beans on toast for tea.

Anyway, that's the update. I've been busy trying to keep up with college work while writing a life of Ethel Grimwood for the Oxford DNB. She is quite entertaining, though sadly she died insane in Oregon.

3 comments:

  1. Ethel Grimwood, fantastic name. What did she do? At the very least, I hope she ran a prison for small girls or an orphanage or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, by the way, you can go back and edit a posting that you've already made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to wait for the September Supplement... no, actually, I'll tell you. She was the wife of an Indian Civil Servant in Manipur (the only one, actually). He was massacred in 1891 in a little local difficulty and Ethel was acclaimed as a heroine for assisting with the wounded and making a heroic march for the British lines with a bunch of soldiers (the officers were cashiered for running away from the enemy, but Ethel was a girl and got a medal). I've had fun!

    ReplyDelete