Monday, January 25, 2010

Perfect End to Dinner

As forecast, we went to Country Gourmet - http:://www.country-gourmet.com - for dinner: Basmati rice with stir-fried vegetables and chicken. I'd forgotten that they serve gargantuan portions, so I only ate about half the rice, all the chicken, and half the veggies. Deep Thought had a tuna melt, which looked rather good and was clearly a better size for a regular human being. Little Starlet had a garlicky pasta dish which had an overwhelming aroma. Both the kids finished off dinner with a sundae, from which the teeniest bites were consumed by parents.

On the way home, Little Starlet threw up in the back of my car. My nice, clean, ten day old car. I have wiped the vomit off the back seat, but I guess my first stop tomorrow will be the car wash.

On the bright side, I participated in the children's dance class this afternoon, so I think that counts quite adequately as 30 minutes of vigorous exercise.

1 comment:

  1. It was bound to happen! At least you don't have to be precious about the pristineness(?) of the car now - it's like a new carpet, you're all sensitive about it until the first cup of tea gets spilt on it and then you stop worrying!

    But good work on not eating all the rice/stealing the entire dessert from your children!!

    ReplyDelete