Monday, January 3, 2011

Soooo Hunnnnggggrrrryyyyy

Yesterday I ate 43 points on Weightwatchers, largely due to the homemade chocolate chip cookies that Little Starlet insisted we make in the afternoon. Each cookie turned out to be worth 7 points. (Seven!!) Today, so far, I've eaten 22 points, and the food diary is thus:
Breakfast - rice chex and milk
Lunch - wholewheat pasta with mushrooms, onion, and tomato sauce
Afternoon snack - two cups of popcorn
Dinner - ground beef with tomato and kidney beans, on quinoa

And I'm hungry....huuuunnngggggrrrrryyyyy.....

The kids are tucking into ice cream. Luckily ice cream isn't one of the food stuffs that shakes my world, and I don't even feel like I'm craving something sweet (despite the box of yesterday's cookies sitting on the countertop). But I do feel like I could eat dinner again.

Over Christmas, one of the books I read was "Sacred Hearts" by Sarah Dunant, in which one of the characters embarks on a self-imposed anorexia; and she talks about so-called 'Holy Anorexia' in which members of religious orders, or religious hermits, would starve themselves to make visions appear. I'm not quite there yet, but give me a couple of days.

Mind you, I have a lunch date at a fancy Palo Alto restaurant tomorrow. Do I really have to eat leaves? It's unseasonal, even for California.

No comments:

Post a Comment