Friday, January 7, 2011

Gurgle Gurgle

Bad luck, OEM, on the wonky back; though it does sound like a pretty good strategy for being unable to get at the snack food. Are you taking it to the doctor, or are you actually showing stiff upper lip and just soldiering on?

Yesterday I had another vegetarian day - that's three in a row - but with all the consequences you might expect for someone with insides like mine. As a person with Crohn's, fiber has an interesting effect on the innards. By bedtime, mine were protesting severely.

I did persuade Hubby to go out for dinner last night (on our date night) before going to the movies. We went to a Turkish restaurant in downtown Palo Alto called Baklava. I had a starter made of potatoes, peppers and eggplant with yoghurt, and then my main course was yet more vegetables in a tomato sauce with cheese. We also had warm pitta bread and their special dip. Drank water. It was tasty but, as I indicate, possibly too fibrous as a choice given that I'd had beans on toast for lunch. I should also note that I only ate a few spoonfuls of the rice that accompanied the main course. I actually felt TOO FULL to eat it.

I also managed an 1 hr 45 mins walking yesterday with the dog - we went with Hubby to Windy Hill in the afternoon - so overall a pretty good day. Exercise-wise, having a dog is a good thing, as it makes you go out every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment