Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snacking is bad for you - shock

Well, it's not bad for you if you then reduce the amount of food you eat at the meals. In fact, eating many small meals are better for you than a small number of big meals. But the harm is done when the meals are normal, and the snacks are additional. I'm just reviewing my points for today, which came in at 43. I earned 10 activity points today (walked the dog twice for a total of 80 minutes, dance class tonight with about 90 minutes activity). So I spent my daily allowance of 29, my activity earnings of 10, and squandered 4 points from the weekly floating allowance.

If I look back on the scores for the day, I spent 4 points for breakfast, 12 points for lunch, 13 points for dinner, and 13 points on snacks. If I had not eaten the snacks, then I'd have been a more reasonable one point over the daily allowance. (Are you following this?)

Ergo, if one stops snacking, one should lose weight faster. QED.

Mind you, the snack in question was a large latte and a chocolate croissant from the Mayfield Bakery, so they were points well spent.

2 comments:

  1. Possibly not as bad for you as Roast Chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, vegetables and gravy, though! (Especially when there are second helpings...)

    But it was worth each and every calorie, and I didn't cook any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vegetables were probably harmless...more or less...unless sauteed in butter...

    ReplyDelete