Monday, March 8, 2010

Wot No Willpower

Glad to see that OEM has returned to the weight-loss fray, because I need some moral support. I've definitely been slacking in the past couple of weeks. Stinky cold, time of the month, rain...all conspire to stop the would-be slimmer doing anything than eating and sitting around on one's expansive bottom.

Today is a case in point. Here's what I've consumed today:
Rice chex for breakfast;
coffee and scone for mid-morning snackerel;
butternut squash soup, french stick and blue cheese for lunch;
tortilla chips and melted cheese (aka nachos) for mid-afternoon snackerel;
pan-seared tuna with mashed potatoes and cauliflower, followed by homemade apple and blackberry crumble with custard for dinner;
Cadbury's creme egg to celebrate the children going to bed.

Not exactly low calorie.

I did go for a three mile walk this morning along the Baylands. By the time I was half way through it had started to rain. That, combined with the biting cold that lead to actual hail stones later in the afternoon, encouraged me to walk a bit faster, so I was going at 1 mile in 15 minutes. Even so, I don't think I walked off my creme egg. Alas, Little Starlet is off school sick (stinky cold reprised) and Hubby has flown to Baltimore on a business trip till Thursday; so my well-laid plans to do 45 minutes of exercise every day this week (in accordance with the instructions in "Grow Younger Next Year") will no doubt fail dismally.

But are we down hearted? Well, yes actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment