Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good and Bad Choices

I am also eating too much, dear OEM. I've fallen back into the trap of evening snacking. Yesterday was brazil nuts and a biscotti. We were watching a very dubious movie on the TV - "Appaloosa" with Jeremy Irons playing a most unconvincing cowboy baddie - so some sustenance was required.

This morning we succumbed to the appeals of our children to go to the diner. I didn't have my usual bacon, poached egg and hash browns meal, but instead had french toast with fruit and a little syrup. I skipped the butter. I'm not so stuffed as I am usually after a trip to the diner, but I can't help suspecting that this morning's meal was less nutritious than the usual one. I guess I did have fruit, and that's unusual for me.

Hubby has a new theory based on something he read somewhere.... That we should avoid processed foods, but that animal fat is not really bad for you after all; which probably means that bacon is bad, eggs are good. But then again, if bacon tastes that good, how can it be bad for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment