Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shopping Tribulation

Having discovered the delights of the swimming pool, I need a new suit - the elastic is going in my current one, and I don't want to shock the good folk of Lower Earley by unseemly bursting out incidents.

You would think this might be a straightforward thing to achieve. I went to Evans (emporia of garments for the fat), which had a small number of swimsuits, but all of them had 'moulded' cups and none of them went over a Dcup. I rejoice in the 44F size. I went on line. There is, it seems, a great lack of swimming costumes for the better endowed sister. In fact, for precisely that woman who most needs a secure and well-fitting costume in order to get thinner. Many, many sites later I came upon the splendid and eponymous www.amplebosom.com. It claims to have 44Fs. I have ordered www.amplebosom.com/acatalog/802WS.jpg which I hope will a) fit b) maintain high levels of public support and decency and c) withstand regular immersion in water. (Oddly enough, many of the swimsuit reviews I have read comment unfavourably on the effect of actual swimming on the costume.) I will report further when it arrives.

In the meantime, tomorrow I shall risk exposure in the old costume when once more I take to the water.

Foodwise, not bad today: cereal, soup, 4 biscuits with cheese, roast chicken dinner. Oh, and a small Lindt chocolate egg. (OK, not so good, but compared to the previous couple of weeks, it's been a miracle of restraint.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice name, ample bosom. I took a look. I hope you didn't order one of their bikini numbers that basically looks like bra and knickers. You could save money by just going swimming in your underwear! I may need a photo.

    ReplyDelete