Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fish-like...

I took to the water again today; 14 lengths in 25 minutes. Now, I know this is not going to win me any awards, but I was pleased. And quite achey.

I have eaten: a bowl of cereal, an M&S Loch Muir Hot Smoked Salmon Nicoise salad. Dinner was an M&S chicken thing (340 calories) with leftover mash and vegetables from yesterday. And a chocolate eclair.

NB M&S is on the way home from the swimming pool. And I resisted the chocolate bars by the checkout. (Polishes halo and retires for a cup of tea.)

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate eclair sounds like empty calories, but then I've just eaten a chocolate graham cracker. Too yummy to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my humble opinion, calories are only empty if they do not produce a commensurate quantity of pleasure. Thus, an unpleasant chocolatey snack (eg Hersheys or similar) = empty calories. Or one of those disgusting 'health bars' we tested = empty calories. A chocolate eclair, on the other hand, might be calorific, but entirely satisfactory, so I think you get full value for your calories.

    ReplyDelete