Monday, March 15, 2010

Party Weekend

So this weekend my parents have been married for fifty years. A triumph of the longevity of affection. Naturally we had a party. Naturally, there was lots of food. Despite the fact that I ate very little of it at the event, all virtue was subsumed by the huge piles of leftovers. Heigh Ho.

I should also add that at said event I wore the famous three inch heels. I managed to stay upright for nearly three hours, at which point I couldn't take it any longer and sent for my flats. There is photographic evidence (though none of the pictures David took actually go down as far as my feet...).

Today, in some small penance, I swam sixteen lengths of the swimming pool in 25 minutes. I am getting better at this lark. I don't think it will have much effect on poundage, but might have a beneficial effect on inches.

But then I came home to a fridge full of pasties and quiches and pasta salad. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment