Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sore Toe

I went to my dance class yesterday evening and did something to my left foot's big toe. I felt it sort of crunch during the middle of a reel, and by the end of the evening I was only walking the dances; and sat the last one out altogether, which is very unusual for me. Bah.

Today I am limping and my hip is aching, which I think must be due to compensating for the toe. I presume this is a symptom of Getting Older. It may also be a symptom of not warming up, which I never do before class - though I know I should - because I am always on the front desk taking the money and greeting the class members. I go straight from totting up the money to the dancing - in last night's case this meant walking through the door, joining a set, and being in a dance within about 60 seconds! Which is good for the brain, but not so good for the feet.

Not a bad day foodwise. Multi-grain Chex and milk for breakfast, everything bagel with tuna mayo for lunch, nonfat latte and a moderately sized muffin for afternoon snackerel (bought at a fancy coffee shop in downtown Palo Alto, so truly not one of the "make it big so people think they're getting a good deal" muffin), and we have a beef and veggies stir fry coming up for dinner (with only two ounces of meat allowed for each of us, and I'm substituting in wholewheat noodles for rice).

Hubby returns from Baltimore today, so I might even go to bed before midnight today. I'm very bad at going to bed at a sensible time when I'm on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to make a bad pun along the lines of 'That toe-dally sucks' but thought better of it. I hope your toe feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete