Friday, March 5, 2010

Exercise and Doughnuts

I'm finally over my cold, but now my foot is hurting. I went to my Scottish Country Dance class on Wednesday and was limping by the end. Today I did half my usual walk - so three miles instead of six - which was fine until just the end. I have good intentions to increase my amount of exercise, but having a dodgy foot won't help. This evening I am going to another dance class, but I expect I shall end up walking instead of actually dancing. I'm taking Deep Thought with me. It is a special class where the teacher is offering to teach some of the local youth dancers the dances which are on the program for the forthcoming Children's Ball. They could do with the extra practice, so I'm keen to take her.

I also have to confess to having eaten three doughnuts this week. I did balance that today with a bowl of soup for lunch, but I can't help thinking that one doughnut equals several sandwiches, and that might have been the healthier option.

No comments:

Post a Comment