Thursday, February 11, 2010

Frantic Day

I'm having a seriously frantic day. This morning I had the weekly site meeting for our remodel which took two hours. During the day I received multiple visits from the Site Supervisor with many questions. We also lost our water supply twice, because the landscape men dug through the water pipe, and the phone was out of order.

I began to work out what we will take in the RV, heaping pans, plates etc on the dining room table. I also sorted through our food box to see what we might like to take along, and to compile a shopping list for tomorrow morning.

At the same time as this, I was trying to sort through the closet in the master bedroom, as it will be demolished while we are away on our RV trip. I filled up a black garbage bag with ancient bras and unspeakable knickers, emptying two out of my four drawers in process. Lunch was a bowl of chicken tortilla soup and two Karvla crackers with a bit of cheddar.

At 2pm I had to head over to school to help with a Valentine's Day project. I obtained the materials for this from our family room by waiting for the builders to have their lunch break and then climbing through the construction work from the garden.

At one point I was so wound up by all the things I needed to do that my hands were shaking. The day ended well though: Little Starlet had her class play, in which she was the star, and she did a fabulous job, funny, loud, expressive, the lot. We went out for dinner afterwards to Mike's Cafe in midtown Palo Alto. I had lasagne, which was tasty.

No coffee shop stop today - no time.

1 comment: