Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And Doggy Makes Five


Little Starlet returned to school today. Deep Thought started her new school last Thursday. My house has returned to child-free blissfulness. Of course, since last blog entry we have acquired a new dog, so there is really another child to deal with. Dog is called Ruby. She is a rather petite English Cocker Spaniel, currently wearing a very un-spanielly short hair cut, courtesy of Doggy Protective Services (the nonprofit from which we adopted her). See photo to assess general cuteness.

The good thing is that I am now walking Ruby a couple of times a day. She does have quite little legs, and it is rather hot just now in the Bay Area, so our walks are of limited duration - about 45 minutes is the most she can manage, though at a fairly brisk trot. I guess that counts as exercise, though not as much exercise as I was managing pre-dog!

The bad thing is that I feel the need to hang out at home more to keep her company, so I'm nibbling. Mind you, the evenings are the worst and I can hardly blame that on Ruby. Last night it was some chocolate, a yoghurt and a few crisps.

The good thing is that her presence is preventing me taking in quite so many coffee shops - I'm not quite ready yet to tie her up outside while I go in to make my order, though there are many coffee shops with patio areas so, when I have overcome said reticence, I am sure that we shall be contributing to the local eatery economy in the usual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment