Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where are you Dr Mom?

I'm still here waiting for moral support.

Today at the pool was less painful than on Monday - 26 lengths in 30 minutes. All is not lost.

Thing I am most pleased with today: After 23 years I have found a replacement for the Green Cardigan, which I now ceremoniously declare to be a cat bed. The new one (from an online merchant called Asos, who have a fat people department called 'Curves') is broadly similar to the green one, except it is navy blue. And it has a bit of cable pattern on it. And brown 'football' buttons. (Notsosmall looked at them and asked why I had swastikas on my buttons. Now it is hard to see them as anything else, but they really aren't.) More to the point, it is long and very cosy which, as summer is now officially over but putting the heating on season has not yet arrived, is a Good Thing.

I realise this hasn't got much to do with the quest to lose pounds. But I've been looking for a replacement for years. My mother would have thrown it out in about 1993 if I hadn't kept a careful eye on her.

Also on the plus side: the Asos trousers I purchased in a size 26 (which according to their size guide should have been a snug fit) were much too big. The down side is I shall have to return them, and I STILL don't have any warm trousers that fit - the three pairs I have worn for the last four winters have all worn through to nothingness, with holes in the knees. I really can't get away with 'trendy' holes in clothes. So I'm still in the linen ones I've worn for the last two summers (which are also wearing out) and which are jolly chilly. The long cardigan is going to have to keep my bottom warm as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment