Monday, September 20, 2010

And she's back...

...a little later than originally planned, owing to tedious skin condition which prevented the resumption of dolphin-like activity.

So, the score on the door is 17.10. Oddly enough, that is, I think, exactly the same as it was in January. On the plus side, at least it is not more than it was in January, which, after the large quantities of chocolate and cheese and crisps that sustained me through the endless summer vacation, is quite surprising. And the discovery of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Brownie ice cream, which is possibly the most exciting thing to have been in my mouth this decade.

The return to the pond was painful. It took me nearly 40 minutes to swim 18 lengths and all my muscles hurt all day and I had to eat some cake to make it feel better.

In the absence of a cute dog, it will have to do!

(I tried to post last week and wrote witty words about sushi, but the technology ate it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment