Friday, April 9, 2010

Snacking: The Final Frontier

The internet connection at home is pretty funky at the moment, which is one reason why the blog posting has been somewhat limited. Anyway.

Wednesday weigh in for Dr Mom was 153.8 lbs, which was the same as the week before. Given how much I'd eaten at Hidden Villa, that was amazing.

Participated in dance class as usual on Wednesday and ended up with a sore toe again. Too much pas de basque, I fear. But I went for a walk this morning at Rancho San Antonio with chums, and it isn't too sore. That was the first walk I've had time to do for ages. I'm doing so much volunteering for different nonprofits, I can hardly fit my own activities in. It's good for the soul to be useful and contributing to the community, but I shall be glad when the summer comes and I can give up everything for a while (except for my work with Breakthrough Silicon Valley - I'm helping to organize a summer program on girls in science). Hopefully I shall be fighting fit for next week's Disneyland adventure!

I'm having great difficulty not snacking all the time at the moment. One of the problems is that there is a great deal of yummy food in the cupboard, including far too much sweet stuff. Deep Thought is also having trouble resisting, which is bad given that she is diabetic. I'm starting to think about having a month when we don't have any sweet food in the house except for fruit. I keep threatening to make us all vegetarian for a month, but I think there might be a riot from Little Starlet if she is deprived of her meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment