Monday, April 26, 2010

Putting the Water Pounds back on

I think I've regained a couple of pounds over the past week. I must have been spectacularly dehydrated after my food poisoning. The week started well with small meals and a general reluctance to eat too much. That seems to have gone now, though!

Yesterday, ate eggs benedict at the diner for breakfast, but then didn't eat lunch till 3pm, which was a cheese quesadilla (surprisingly calorific for something so small, but it is comfortingly cheesy and tasty). Dinner was rice with The Dish Formerly Known as Chilli. Evening snack = nuts and dried fruit.

The one difference I am finding is that I currently can't drink coffee. I've been to the coffee shop a few times in the week, but I've been drinking chamomile tea instead (yes, $3 for a cup of hot water and a tea bag). The coffee just doesn't taste good to me. On Monday I actually threw away most of a latte from Peet's. It was undrinkable, even with sugar. I wonder if this means that Deep Thought is right - and she claims to be right always - and that it was the coffee at Disneyland that gave me food poisoning rather than the clam chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment