Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New and Smaller Trousers

I have been shopping for a suit. Usually this is a source of anguish, dismay and general fedupness. Today, however, I discovered that Windsmoor go to a 24 in John Lewis. I assumed it would not fit (in most shops I am a 26/28) but tried on the jacket more in hope than expectation.

Gasps. It fits! Seek out the trousers. Take them to changing room. Behold! The 24s are TOO BIG. Finds the 22s. Goldilocks-like, they are Just Right (except too long, but John Lewis, blessed be its name, has an alterations service).

Even better, this was in a sale, so for £149 I now have an actual navy blue suit of suitably legal dullness.

The point being, though the pounds have not notably diminished (unsurprising given the chocolate marathon of the last few months), the inches seem to be fewer. It must be the swimming.

I shall return with mermaid-like vigour to the pond tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. GO OEM! And my mother asks me to convey her joy at your sveltness too. (I think she is the only person who reads this blog apart from us :-D )

    ReplyDelete